Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Good ol' samich

Lunchtime has become my new favorite meal since being on a restricted diet.  After being married 7 years to the ultimate sandwich maker, I have taken notes and am now quite proud of my samich making skills.  I will simply say-never underestimate the the power of a good ol' "samich" (as my Dad calls it).  


What is so special about a good 'ol samich you may ask?  Well- there are a few very key factors:

  • Good bread (I love the rye bread from our local Jewish Deli, the four bread sampler from our local bakery and the parbaked from Trader Joe's)
  • Good greens (I especially like arugula or mixed herb greens)
  • Good mustard (I love sweet and spicy- Trader Joe's makes a yummy one)
  • Fresh produce such as ripe tomatoes and avocado
  • Your favorite lunchmeat (I like Columbus Rotisserie Style Chicken Breast Deli Meat or fresh turkey lunchmeat) 

Depending on the bread, I like to lightly toast it (My Grandma was famous for this).  Side your samich (okay...I promise I won't type it again) with some baby carrots and yummy chips for an added crunch factor and I swear you'll start favoring lunch, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment